Join us to support music programs for patients at Northwestern Memorial Hospital
The Woman’s Board of Northwestern Memorial Hospital is one of Chicago’s oldest charitable organizations. On January 30, 1897, Reverend William A. Passavant, Jr., son of the founder of Passavant Memorial Hospital, brought together nine civic-minded Chicago women who formed The Passavant Woman’s Aid Society. Although the name of the Board has changed, there has been a strong unifying thread of philanthropy among dedicated women for over a century. Long before the days of federal reimbursement the Woman’s Board focused on helping the Hospital provide free healthcare to underprivileged individuals.
The Woman’s Board has organized events each year to benefit Northwestern Memorial Hospital and has raised millions of dollars to enhance the quality of patient care, research, community service, and education. In 2012, the Woman’s Board completed a $1 million two-year pledge to the Hospital that established The Woman’s Board Cardiovascular Education Initiative in partnership with the Bluhm Cardiovascular Institute and also provides continued funding for the Eleanor Wood-Prince Grants Initiatives, salary support for a nurse in the Women’s HIV Clinic, and other research or patient care initiatives.